Sunday, December 28, 2008

Peyton's First Christmas



Peyton really enjoyed her first Christmas and did well being dragged around. Christmas Eve we went to Uncle Jerry's and got to see Papa & Betty. Christmas morning was at Grandma Judy's. Christmas Night was at cousin Nika's. Friday night my brother had a party and we spent the night so we didn't have to wake her up to come home for the third night in a row. Saturday was Christmas with Grandma & Grandpa Thies. (This was after Greg & I got about three hours of sleep Friday night - sigh). Peyton had fun playing with her cousins Sampson & Thomas at my family's. We had fun watching our nieces, Haylie, Desi & Dakota, get so excited over their Polly Pockets and Little Pet Shop. Peyton got a ton of clothes - which she needed desperately - and some great toys. She of course loved ripping the paper open. She also loves to look at the lights and touch the Christmas tree & ornaments. I'll be sad when we have to take it down.

We continued the tradition of getting the worst present at my brother's rob-your-neighbor. One year Greg got "Deliverance" on DVD. We brought it back the next year, Steph ended up with it and regifted it at my house's rob-your-neighbor last Christmas (my poor mother ended up with it). One year I got a deer antler toilet paper holder. This year we got Polo cologne. Needless to say, the cologne and Deliverance will be our gift at next year's party. At one point we had Superbad DVD and then a $25 gift certificate to Culpeppers in our hands. They were both stolen and we ended up taking the last gift on the table, which was the cologne - another sigh. I'm pretty sure the same guy brought it who brought the antler thing - I'm going to have to tell Bobby to stop inviting him. Oh, also, did I mention that Bobby is the proudest uncle EVER?!? He showed her off to all his friends Friday night and told them how he was going to buy her a boat for her 2nd b-day. He already has it picked out.

No comments: