Saturday, January 23, 2010

21 Months!


I've been slacking on updating my first little miracle's mini-birthdays. She turned 21 months on the 23rd, I can't believe it! We're closing in on two. Where has the time gone?!?

She is just talking away, even starting to use 3 word "sentences". She LOVES to sing and knows the tunes to more songs than even I do, I think. Kid songs anyway. Most songs she can even sing at least half of the words - the other half is humming. :-) That Music Julie at school must really be something. Last week I was counting to ten with her and at about 4 she started counting with me. Now, I start counting and stop and she can say 6 through 10 without me and then says "yay!".

I used to read Goodnight Moon to her every night when she was itty bitty. When she started getting more independent we did other things before bed and read other books. We've gotten back in the habit of Goodnight Moon somehow and now before naps and bedtime she'll lay in her crib and say "oonight moon" and so I just have to read it to her at least three times (or she asks for more). I think that book is going to be worn out before her brother and sister arrive.

We have been attempting to introduce the potty to her. Several months ago she started telling me when she went #2 and then she started telling me before she went. I thought for sure it was a sign. Well, since we bought the potty chair, that has stopped. She has only gone #1 on it once so far. I do know that she can hold it because she'll get up, get her diaper on and then go in the corner to go potty in her pants! We still put her on it every morning and night, and on the weekends after she eats. This is truely teaching us the art of patience.

We haven't yet talked about the babies much, but someone must have because she recently started lifting up my shirt and saying "hi baby" and then gives my belly a kiss. It makes me melt every time. She is going to be such a good big sister!

No comments: